Todmorden Village grew up around a complex of mills and a brewery that operated near the banks of the Don River beginning in 1795. Many of Todmorden's original families, including the Helliwells and Eastwoods came from Todmorden Village in Yorkshire England. It is this English Village that Todmorden is named after. The Todmorden Mills Heritage Museum situated at the foot of Pottery Road and a small number of workers houses east of Broadview Avenue are vivid reminders of this pioneer community. The history of the Todmorden area north of O'Connor is dominated by the Taylor family who came to the Don Valley in 1834. The Taylors owned all of the land north of O'Connor between Broadview and Woodbine Avenues. The Taylors' business empire in the Don Valley included paper mills, saw mills, grist mills, and the Don Valley Pressed Brick Works which supplied the bricks for many of Toronto's houses and commercial buildings.
Not intended to solicit buyers or sellers, landlords or tenants currently under contract.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.
REALTOR® contact information provided to facilitate inquiries from consumers interested in Real Estate services. Please do not contact the website owner with unsolicited commercial offers.